[Pythonmac-SIG] Please help! py2app broken

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 11 02:01:07 CEST 2008

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> I was able to run py2app fine until recently. I think the only thing I
> did was upgrade to svn 1.5.1. Now I see this:

Russell,

this is a total WAG, but I know that setuptools has an incompatibility
with svn 1.5 -- it tries to parse the .svn files, and crashes out. It as
been fixed in the development version, but the fix has not made it into
a release. You might try upgrading setuptools to the dev version. See
this blog post:

http://mrtopf.de/blog/plone/using-subversion-15-with-setuptools-in-python-technical/

it's worth a try!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov