[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Appscript in my application, how to include it in the bundle?

Joseph W. Losco joelosco at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 3 13:58:03 CEST 2008

Hello Chris,
I just did the same thing however with only a pure python program with
py2app, however I expect the process to be the same or similar at
least.  With this it was a single enclosed app with no additional
installs.

What i did to make it work was the following.
1) I removed all of the appscript eggs and references from
easy_install.pth if you installed it by easy_install.
2) I did an easy_install appscript==dev to get the sources instead of
the egg..
3) for me I had to also get the sources of py2app==dev and its 2
dependancies macholib==dev and modulegraph==dev

Hope the helps some.

Joe Losco