[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.6 on mac seems to break compatibility

Mark Bestley {bymail{ignore} at bestley.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 19:20:32 CEST 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:37:50 +0100, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Mark Bestley wrote:
>> I can see several choices
>
> yup -- it's easy to do all or nothing with macport or fink, though I do
> see folks using macports to satisfy the dependencies for some python
> extensions -- I wonder how?

I have run a few packages using setup into macports. I have had to edit
the build
scripts in one case to only compile for one architecture. However I went
back to a
pure macports and so cannot be certain the compilations worked

The macports python is now a framework and will install to
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5 so I think
that setup.py
does work I have installed ipython and appscript and my small use of it
seems to work

--
Mark