[Pythonmac-SIG] A few more py2appissues/questions

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 30 20:21:57 CEST 2008

Zachary Pincus wrote:
> (1) It appears that modules included via the py2app 'includes' option do
> not have their full dependencies added.

That "may" be by intent. "includes" is for modules that are not found by
the normal dependency tracking. It should not be required unless you are
doing non-standard importing. I don't think py2app tries to do
dependency tracking for these.

"packages" should bring in entire packages, however. I find it easier to
just add an import statement somewhere, if I know I"ll need the module
(I've needed to do this when code is unpicking, and the objects pickled
where defined in modules not otherwise used)

> (2) It appears that any packages that I include via the py2app
> 'packages' option are copied verbatim from the *source*, not *build*
> directory.

Take a look at the archive of this list, this sounds like a familiar
question. One idea is to make sure you're running py2app from a "clean"
location -- one where there is just your apps source code, and not
source from installed packages.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov