[Pythonmac-SIG] A simple app: Develop on Leopard, use on Tiger

Tom Weir tom.weir at safe.com
Fri Jun 20 02:13:31 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:15 PM, John Velman <velman at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm a bit out of my depth here, new to Mac, comfortable with Python,
> comfortable with SQL, but lots left to learn.
>
> Problem:

 <snip>

> Am I out of my mind?

I think it really depends on how fast you need a solution, how much time you
have, and the fun-factor involved. Qt is a very nice GUI framework, but it
does have a bit of a learning curve. If you choose to go down this path, I'd
suggest picking up the PyQt book.

Another alternative would be to take a look at either Bento, or its big
brother, FileMaker. The cost is obviously higher, but Filemaker in
particular is designed for this sort of application.

Tom