[Pythonmac-SIG] Strange python behavior after upgrading to OS X 10.5.3

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 2 19:14:27 CEST 2008

Larry Meyn wrote:
> I had the same problem on another Mac just upgraded to 10.5.3 from
> 10.5.2. This time the traceback was a little more helpful and the
> error occurred after opening a .pyc file.  The solution was to delete
> all the .pyc files used and the newly regenerated ones worked fine.

Does this mean that Apple upgraded Python? That would be a first, and a
good sign.

However, an upgrade to python within the 2.5 series shouldn't break
*.pyc files, so I wonder what's up. Did they go 64 bit with the interpreter?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov