[Pythonmac-SIG] quick tutorial on aemreceive

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 28 04:11:37 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 07:46:02PM -0400, Rand Dvorak wrote:

> I have an app that I created and put into an app wrapper using py2app,
> now need for it to be activated with a folder action script.    All my
> research so far has pointed me to the aemreceive module, but I have
> not idea what to use for for the code for the second argument to
> installeventhandler.   Basically, I need the eventhandler to be handed
> the list of files added to the folder to which the folder action is
> attached.    Can someone point me to example?  or provide me with a
> quick and dirty explanation how to determine that code?

You can look at my Retrospect event handler I wrote a few years ago
(and still use) - it's reasonably short and demonstrates some
debugging techniques you can use to print out the event you're
getting.

<http://dev.sabi.net/trac/dev/browser/trunk/RetroStatus/RetroStatus.py>

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>