[Pythonmac-SIG] easy_install problems in some 10.5.3?

Oscar Sanchez Casamitjana oscar.lists at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 09:54:57 CEST 2008

sorry, been on vacations... thanks for answering Nehemiah.

On Jul 1, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:

> whats that -U option u used for mercurial?

I was upgrading the MBP from older versions, and slipped it in via
copypaste. anyways something strange happened, since now I could
install Mercurial on the iMac, where it failed before:

sudo easy_install mercurial
Searching for mercurial
Best match: mercurial 1.0.1
Adding mercurial 1.0.1 to easy-install.pth file
Using /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages
Processing dependencies for mercurial
Finished processing dependencies for mercurial

the log is quite different than it was the previous times on the iMac,
and than those on the MBP.

> perhaps you can do that to simplejason

still no dice:

sudo easy_install -U simplejson
Searching for simplejson
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/simplejson/
Reading http://undefined.org/python/#simplejson
Best match: simplejson 1.9.1
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/simplejson/simplejson-1.9.1.tar.gz#md5
=d2ee608bdf6397b82a7cd53c8602b29e
Processing simplejson-1.9.1.tar.gz
Running simplejson-1.9.1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/
easy_install-yY3N3D/simplejson-1.9.1/egg-dist-tmp-AB3qlf
No eggs found in /tmp/easy_install-yY3N3D/simplejson-1.9.1/egg-dist-
tmp-AB3qlf (setup script problem?)

this one does not bother me, since I was only trying to make the point
that I may have a problem with my easy_install...