[Pythonmac-SIG] [py2app] how to make a .app running on mac intel 10.5

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 2 20:46:50 CEST 2008

El Duvelle wrote:
> I just don't undersand why it was so slow before.

Well, it's the mysteries that make life interesting!

One thought, though. Apple's Finder seems to cache info about
applications, so it's possible that it thought it was a PPC-only app
from some earlier version, and had not updated its cache yet.

I'm run into this with icons - if you build a .app bundle with one icon
(or none), then re-build it with a new icon, the Finder often doesn't
show the new icon, reverting to the one it had cached.

Just a wild guess!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov