[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling Python 2.6.1 on Leopard

R. Ellsworth Pollard rellsworthpollard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 02:33:19 CET 2008

Where might I find instructions for compiling Python on Leopard? I just
asked this on tutor and someone suggested that this list might be a better
place to ask. I'm specifically looking for how to compile Python to replace
the native installation of 2.5.1, what common libraries I should build it
with, and how to support readline. The default ./configure seems to compile
it to function as python2.6 instead of python, also.

Robert