[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app with pyqt

Sarah Ring sring at nd.edu
Mon Dec 15 23:01:59 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm a student and I'm trying to get py2app to work with pyqt.

I've fixed some errors it had locating files, but it says "ImportError: no
module named sip". I do have sip installed though, because pyqt wouldn't
work without it.  For other errors I just copied the files it wanted and
moved them where it was looking, for this one though i can't tell where it
thinks sip should be or specifically what sip files it needs.  I think it
says it's looking in QtCore.pyc, but I don't know where to find that....

I have Python version 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 15 2008, 22:57:26) and
Py2appversion 0.3 and am using pyqt4.

I can run:

py2applet --make-setup myfile.py
py2applet myfile.py

...and get no error messages, but when I try to open myfile.app it says:

Error
An unexpected error has occured during execution of the main script
Import Error: No module named sip

Can anyone give me some guidance on this?

Thank you!