[Pythonmac-SIG] Double-clickable wxpython application?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Apr 9 21:24:46 CEST 2008

Am 2008-04-09 um 02:54 schrieb Kevin Horton:
>> Try to map *.py on Python Launcher.
> I didn't even know PythonLauncher.app existed, but SpotLight found
> it, and I did the mapping.  PythonLauncher from Apple's python 2.3 on
> OS 10.4 didn't work, but the one from MacPython 2.5 did work.  At
> least this worked on my machine, running 10.4.  But, on my wife's
> machine, running 10.5, where this script will live once it is
> polished up, PythonLauncher will not do the job.  It starts, then a
> Terminal window opens, then PythonLauncher quits.  I tried with both
> the system python, and with MacPython.  I tried logging out, and back
> in, but that did not help.  I'll play with this some more tomorrow
> evening.

Sorry, then I can't help you. I'm still on 10.4 and have no
experience with 10.5.

> Am 2008-04-09 um 21:14 schrieb Christopher Barker:
>>> The "big" solution is py2app.
>> It's not that big -- and I think it will use the built-in python if
>> that's what you're using, so I think it's the "right" way to do it.

It depends - normally py2app will create a complete application that
includes Python and all the libraries (therefore not really tiny),
but you can configure it to use an installed Python (then you've to
care for the needed libraries yourself, of course).

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net