[Pythonmac-SIG] py2applet doesn't create a setup.py file on game made with pygame

Joseph Quigley cpu.crazy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:08:46 CEST 2008

Hi,I'm trying to make a .app of our pyweek game that uses pygame. I'm
following the instructions on
http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html#id7 that says:
py2applet --make-setup MyApplication.py

But when I run that I get the error:
*** creating application bundle: run_game ***
error: can't copy '/Users/jayne/Desktop/roger-robot/--make-setup': doesn't
exist or not a regular file

When I run py2applet without the --make-setup argument I get a .app that
only has the run_game.py file. I copied the other python folders into
run_game.app/Contents/Resources but when I run the .app I get the error:
ImportError: No module named pygame

How can I get py2applet to create a setup file, and/or include pygame into
the .app?
Thanks,
Joe

--
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!!! chown -r us ./base

"After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless.'' -- Tao of
Programming Book 2