[Pythonmac-SIG] problem with py2app and OpenGL

Chreston Miller chmille3 at vt.edu
Thu Nov 15 00:12:16 CET 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to use py2app to create a nice app from a decent sized
project that uses many other libraries and some python eggs. It runs
fine in alias mode (no surprise) and I am getting a strange error in
non-alias mode. First we had to unpack the python egg for PyOpenGL for
py2app to recognize PyOpenGL modules. Then I had to copy the python
include directory
(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/include/) to my
./dist/main.app/Contents/Resources/ directory (where main.app is the
name of my app).
Then when running, I get the error:

Error building the background: No array-type handler for type <type
'tuple'> (value: (1, 1, 0.5)) registered

This error is reported to the Console and my program does run, but all
the OpenGL stuff does not show up.
So it seems there is some dependency missing even though it claims
everything works fine (program runs).
Any ideas for a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Chreston