[Pythonmac-SIG] working around versions

David Worrall vip at avatar.com.au
Mon Nov 5 03:51:25 CET 2007

Hi All,

We're doing some work around different versions of Python on OSX (and
what's in their respective site-packages directory),
and I was wondering:

Given that we can pick up the the version number of the current
instantiation using sys.version,
is there a direct way of computing the locating values for x and y in
'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/pythonx.y/'

other than through concatenating the above string with a splice of
sys.version?

thanks,

David