[Pythonmac-SIG] System python woes

Dav Clark dav at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 2 05:09:38 CET 2007

I've seen a couple of posts now about difficulty using the system
python in Leopard.  I wonder if anyone else has used the solution
offered by Phillip Eby here:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#creating-a-virtual-python

Basically, this wraps your system (or any) python and allows you to
install libraries into that wrapped python - including ones that would
override the system defaults. I suppose this strategy could even be
"wrapped up" in a distributed application bundle of some sort.

I've used this solution for my own development purposes, and it's
worked fine.  I'd be curious to hear other's experiences or ideas.

Dav