[Pythonmac-SIG] bdist_mpkg problem

Frederik De Bleser frederik at pandora.be
Fri Feb 9 15:33:45 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use bdist_mpkg to make installer packages for NodeBox
libraries. It's pretty easy for standard configurations, however, I'd
like to have an installer that doesn't need to have administrator
authorization  and that install to a custom location (~/Library/
Application Support/NodeBox).

I found out that make_package accepts an info dict that overrides any
settings, but make_scheme_package uses get_scheme_info that just
returns an empty tuple.

I also didn't discover how I could change my default ("root"?)
scheme. I tried scheme_root, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I
also tried custom schemes, but then I still get a default package
with egg files that needs admin authorization. Also, the prefix gets
a '/' appended to the beginning.

Is there a way to edit the default/root scheme? I included my
setup.py file.

Also, I noticed that your bdist_mpkg doesn't work on Python 2.3
because you're using the built-in set type in utils.py; changing it
to the Set class makes it compatible again. Could you consider the
attached diff for util.py? It would make my distribution problems on
a default Mac OS X 10.4 a lot easier.

Kind regards,

Frederik