[Pythonmac-SIG] Why Do I Explicitly Need MacPython

Robert Love rblove at airmail.net
Thu Sep 21 03:10:38 CEST 2006

I asked the original question and I want to thank folks for
contributing answers.

On Sep 20, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> A major conceptual difference between MacPorts/Fink and MacPython
> is that the the first two are projects to use unix software on the
> mac, while MacPython is more focused on fitting in with the OS.

Here is the statement that puzzles me the most.  OSX is Unix.  What
differences are you referring to?

I long for the day when I can just grab the latest tarball, untar,
configure, make and make install and it builds and fits in with OSX.