[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: Problems running IDLE

David Donachie stranger at teuton.org
Fri Sep 8 17:03:50 CEST 2006

Hi

I am totally new to Python on the Mac (or Python anywhere else) and
wanted to try it out, so I followed the instructions for Mac OS
10.3.90, downloaded Python 2.4.3 and tried to use IDLE

With only the Python installer run IDLE will not run. The console error
is that Tkinter is not set up.

Following the instructions for 10.3 < 10.3.9 and installing the TkAqua
package from the Python page IDLE will run, but as soon as click on
anything (window, menu etc.) I get a spinning cursor that never stops.

What else do I need to do to get IDLE to run without freezing?

David