[Pythonmac-SIG] importing dynamic library on intelMac

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Sep 1 17:17:34 CEST 2006

On 29-aug-2006, at 8:09, David Worrall wrote:

> Hello All, I'm new here... and to dynamic libraries....
>
> I've compiled a 3rd party's dynamic library ,  libXXX.dylib , a Mach-
> O dynamically linked shared library i386
> and can't work out where to put it so that I can
> is there a special place for such libraries?
> I've tried a few things without success. Would someone be kind enough
> to put me on the right path -

You can't, unless the library is a python extension. There are python
bindings for numereous libraries, you can look for one in the
cheeseshop (http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi) or using google (not
everything is listed in the cheeseshop).

You can also look at http://www.pythonmac.org/packages/py24-fat/
index.html to see if the library you want to use is already available
in a precompiled form.

Ronald