[Pythonmac-SIG] controlling iTunes with appscript

Craig Amundsen cdamundsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 20:09:41 CET 2006

Hi -

I've had an iTunes appscript question nagging at me, so I'll add another
question...

I've moved a bunch of my files around and rather than do the 1 at a time
showing iTunes the new location, I'd like to use appscript to set the
location of the moved songs to the new value.

Based on my reading it looks like
track.location.set('/Path/To/The/File')
should do what I want.

The trouble I'm having is getting iTunes to give me a list of all the tracks
in the library. I've tried various versions of things in the wiki and hints
I've found via Google, but none have worked for me. Is there a canonical
appscript call into iTunes that will return a list of all tracks in the
library?

Thanks,
- Craig