[Pythonmac-SIG] Request for Bundle Builder...

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Mon Nov 27 17:10:03 CET 2006

Hello,

I have spent about 18 hours (over 3 days) trying to package my python
application for Mac users. However, I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm trying to use Mac OS X 10.3.9 and all the Mac developer tools seem
to be for 10.4 or greater. The problems I have run into include;
 * The app won't run outside the dmg on some computers
 * Icon file won't be applied
 * Sometimes you have to open the dmg multiple times before the app runs
 * Massive sizes of over 80mb

I'm sure the application should run in a bundle, it runs in a py2exe
file and it runs when frozen under the MacMillian Installer.

I was hoping somebody could help me out by become the builder of bundles
for my application.

Anyone who has packaged wx Python applications before shouldn't have any
problems (and most probably has all the pre-requests installed as well).

If you want to run the code you will need to do the following,
* darcs
* Python
* wxPython 2.6 (or 2.7)
* PIL