[Pythonmac-SIG] Newby Question: are there Mac python programmers working on Poser scripts on the list?

Thomas Juntunen tmj at visi.com
Sat Nov 25 16:52:31 CET 2006

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 05:16:51 -0800, Bob Maddox wrote:
> Hi, I am a 3D graphic designer with limited scripting
> experience(mostly actionscript). I use Poser on a mac G5 an I heard
> recently that the new version of poser (7) will have improved python
> support. Just curious if there are any poser programmers out there
> who could point me in the right direction to get up to speed on poser
> scripting?

If you've grasped the concepts behind ActionScript (which are similar
to most programming languages) -- that is objects, data structures,
variables and so forth -- you're in a good position to learn a bit
about Python and then study the Python objects Poser exposes. After
that you'll likely know enough to get started. A great resource for
learning a bit about Python is Mark Pilgrim's book "Dive into Python".
He has made the entire book freely available on the web in a variety of
formats:

http://www.diveintopython.org/

HTH,
Thomas Juntunen