[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app corrupting libraries -- patch for bug in py2app 2.5

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue May 23 18:08:15 CEST 2006

On May 23, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 23-mei-2006, at 14:56, Kent Quirk wrote:
>
>> This is a patch and explanation (written by one of my co-workers)
>> related to a question I posted to this list on 5/10.
>
> It might be just me, but I don't really understand why py2app tries
> to thin architectures in the first place. The only file it may have
> to thin is its own executable stub, because the OS uses that to
> decide if an application can run natively or not (that's not entirely
> true, but good enough).

It doesn't even need to do that, because you can specify which
architecture to use by way of an Info.plist key.

I didn't write any of the universal support in that branch, so I'm
not sure why it's doing what it's doing. I'd like to go through it
and audit or rewrite, but I won't have time until at least after the
need for speed sprint.

BTW: have you looked at getting ctypes to build on Mac OS X i386? I
was going to take a look at ctypes performance, but I can't build it
on my MacBook Pro.