[Pythonmac-SIG] Status of PyObjC port to Intel OS X

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun May 14 17:31:24 CEST 2006

On 14-mei-2006, at 14:21, Marcin Komorowski wrote:

> Does anyone know what that status is of porting PyObjC to run on the
> new Intel Macs?
>
> I know that there has already been some amount of work done, but my
> attempts to run it on the new platform have failed.
>
> Should I be trying to be digging deeper into what I might be doing
> wrong, or is the port not complete?

The current version in subversion should work correctly, PyObjC's
unittests also run the unittests for libffi and all except two of
those pass. The tests that fail have to do with very small structures
(1 or 2 bytes in size) and those aren't used in Cocoa APIs.

If you do find something that doesn't work as expected in PyObjC or
py2app I'm definitely interested to here about it. A small program
that demonstrates the problem would make it easier to reproduce any
problems, and hence increase the likelyhood of timely fixes.

Ronald