[Pythonmac-SIG] Bulding numpy with the Universal Build

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Mar 29 20:33:45 CEST 2006

On 28-mrt-2006, at 23:18, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm embarking on the project of building the various packages I need
> with the new Universal Build. I've set up a Wiki page to keep track of
> what I (and others) have done. Please take a look if you are
> interested,
> and add your own work.

To answer to the title of the message, the problem with numpy on
10.3.9 is indead caused by numpy patching distutils. This interferes
with my changes. I have slightly modified my changes to distutils and
numpy now builds correctly. This change will be in the universal
build for python 2.4.3.

BTW. from my limited testing it seems that numpy binaries build on
10.4 also work on 10.3.9. I don't actually use numpy myself, so don't
know how to properly test it.

Ronald