[Pythonmac-SIG] Recurring question - which python should I use?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 14 18:01:56 CET 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:
> Or, at least, I don't know how to build a Mac installer that installs
> a complete Python along with the other code it needs.  If there's a
> cookbook way of doing that, I'd be interested, too.

Bill,

Do you really not know about Py2App? It occasionally has some tricky
bits, and doesn't yet work with the new universal build, but it is still
better than anything else out there for any platform. In fact, with my
limited testing, it has always "just worked" which I can not say for py2exe.

As a note, a big part of the discussion about what version of python the
macpython community should endorse centered around the advantages of
using a non-Apple build with py2app.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov