[Pythonmac-SIG] Download page on www.python.org now updated

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Mar 3 18:24:36 CET 2006

On 3-mrt-2006, at 0:27, Kevin Ollivier wrote:

> Of course, if you do so and say the issue is settled, I'm going to
> be more than a little upset because I was asked to look into
> generating an icon, I have done so and even found someone who has
> already done some initial work on it, and I'm going to have to tell
> this person to scrap their work simply because you guys are
> impatient. We're not working on your dime, you know. You and Chris
> asked for a favor and I agreed, and in fact I put a fair amount of
> time into researching what was out there and finally found someone
> interested a few days ago, but then when I can't produce something
> for you at lightning speed you just want to say forget it? I mean,
> seriously, you can't wait a few weeks on changing an icon that has
> been used for what, almost a decade?

Please don't stop working on an icon.  The current icon-set has been
ancient looking for years now, there's no need to rush this. I
wouldn't mind if the new icons wouldn't be introduced until Python
2.5, that should give us enough time to pick a new icon. Rushing this
would only increase the chance that we'd pick an icon that we don't
really like and have to change again soon.

And for the record: I'm not really thrilled by the icon on
beta.python.org. I can live with it if it would get picked, but it
isn't a very compelling image.

Ronald