[Pythonmac-SIG] Download page on www.python.org now updated

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 23:14:07 CET 2006

    >> Surely better to act up front!  More snakes on the web page!

    Ronald> But Python isn't named after snakes ;-) ;-)

True enough, but I think even Guido has abandoned that argument.  Had it
been named "Monty Python", "Cleese" or "Cheeseshop" you might have a leg to
stand on, but it's just "Python".  Many people younger than 30 will not
understand the reference.  Most people outside North America and Europe
won't know what it means either.  I think you just have to accept that
snakes are going to be part of the package.

Skip