[Pythonmac-SIG] Building universal PyOpenGL

Black python at blackslens.com
Sun Jun 25 19:28:41 CEST 2006

I had exactly the same problem when I tried to compile PyOpenGL on my
MacBook Pro. However, my searching on the Internet went a little
better than yours. I found an older post on the PyOpenGL list that
actually had  fix.

It turns out that the problem is that the wrong stat.h is being used.
All you need to do is remove /System/Library/Frameworks/
Kernel.framework/Headers from the list of include_dirs in the
darwin.cfg file in the config directory. I removed it and it compiled
like a charm.

It took me a little longer to get OpenGL and wxPython working happily
together as the package on pythonmac has a broken glcanvas so I had
to roll my own version. That only took me a little while because I
did a configure/make/make install _before_ reading the READMEs and
while I know better than that, I don't always pay attention to myself...