[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.5b1

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Thu Jun 22 12:15:15 CEST 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 10:42, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> Python 2.5b1 was released today, get it while it's hot:
>
>         <http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/>

Thanks for providing the binaries!

I installed them this morning and everything seems to work fine.

However, I wasn't very pleased to see that the installation modifies
my ~/.profile to insert /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
Current/bin at the front of $PATH. I don't expect any software
installation to mess around with my ~/.profile, and certainly not
without telling me it did so.

For me, the command-line edition of MacPython has always lived in /
usr/local/bin, which I put on my PATH if I want MacPython to be used.
I also have Fink python that some applications require, so I do need
to play with $PATH to make everyone happy, and I don't appreciate
MacPython making my many-python life even more difficult.

Konrad.