[Pythonmac-SIG] OSX on intel, py2app 0.2 maint wxPython2.6.3.2rc3-universal10.4-py24.dmg .rsrc file missing

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Jun 14 16:58:07 CEST 2006

Hi Kevin and all,

> Please try the following build:
>
> http://kevino.theolliviers.com/wxpython/wxPython2.6-osx-
> unicode-2.6.3.2rc3-universal10.4-py2.4.dmg
>
> It does link against the wx libraries now, but I realized that
> PyOpenGL (even CVS) won't build for Universal Python, at least not
> out of the box, so I wasn't able to test it via the demo. If this
> does fix your problem, I'll upload the release to the wxPython site.
>
> Otherwise, I'd suggest trying the PPC build on the Intel Mac. In a
> vast majority of cases, things run just fine, albeit a bit slower.
> The PyOpenGL problems seem to be long-standing, and there are other
> extensions as well that really haven't made the transition to
> Universal Python yet. To be completely honest, I don't see
> Universal Python building a majority of Python C extensions for
> several more months. If you really need the extra speed, or your
> app is fairly simple, Universal Python is probably worth investing
> in, but otherwise I'd just wait for all these issues to be sorted
> out and let people use the PPC builds on Intel Mac.

I have been testing your wxPython2.6-osx-unicode-2.6.3.2rc3-
universal10.4-py2.4.dmg version of wxpython with universal python2.4
with our BioImageXD python and VTK driven software.

Looking very good so far!

Now I am trying to use py2app 0.2maint svn version
to build the .app on intel core duo MacBook Pro.

However, there is a command in our code to make py2app look for a
rsrc file for wxPython. This file is not present in your 2.6.3.2rc3-
universal10.4-py2.4.dmg

DATA_FILES.append( ('../Frameworks', [
            '/usr/local/lib/wxPython-unicode-2.5.5.1/lib/
libwx_macud-2.5.5.rsrc',
             ]))

Do I still need this append ?

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35