[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and dynamic libraries

Kaweh Kazemi kaweh.kazemi at chello.at
Thu Jun 8 18:44:02 CEST 2006

hi there,

sorry if that has already been answered previously but i couldn't
find anything about this issue*:

i have a set of libraries - Panda3D in my case - consisting of
various *.so and *.dylib  (+ python code), which are located in /usr/
local/panda/lib.

using py2app and a rather simple setup.py it will create an
application bundle with only the needed *.so but not the needed
*.dylib thus the application is not self-contained.

is there a way to force these files into the approriate place in the
application bundle?

i tried the "includes" option but that does not work as excepted.

i'm sorry if my question is not clear, i'm totally new to *.so/
*.dylib and py2app.

thanks in advance,
kw.

(* is there a possibility to search the mailing list archives?)