[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: ActivePython 2.4.2.10 is now available

Kent Quirk kquirk at solidworks.com
Wed Jan 25 01:35:46 CET 2006

In the hopes of avoiding some redundant work...I happen to be sitting in
a workshop at the Apple campus as I speak, and one of the Apple
engineers here has just modified the Apple 2.3.5 build system to work
with 2.4.2, and to build a Universal version of Python 2.4.2. I haven't
run a full suite of tests, but it does appear to work.

He has promised that he's going to post those changes to the
pythonmac.org wiki Real Soon Now, hopefully today.

There is a problem with it, which is that it builds into
/System/Library/Frameworks. I've sent him email asking for that to
change, but I don't know where that will end up.

Nonetheless, many of the problems have already been solved, and
hopefully the (intermediate) result will be posted very soon.

	Kent