[Pythonmac-SIG] MySQLdb lib help

David Warde-Farley david.warde.farley at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 19 06:10:43 CET 2006

On 18-Jan-06, at 2:55 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> It's fine, unless you want to create redistributable applications.
> If you build an app with a vendor Python, it will only reliably work
> on that version of the OS.  Future versions of Mac OS X will
> absolutely throw away Python 2.3 for Python 2.4 (or 2.5, depending on
> when that happens) and none of your applications will still work.

(bah, sorry Bob, I always just hit reply)

Exactly what Bob said. Other than that, Apple's Python build wasn't
linked against GNU readline and thus is not very nice to use on the
interpreter command prompt (try the arrow keys with /usr/bin/python;
I find it's a real pain not being able to at least up-arrow to repeat
previous commands a la bash/DOSkey/etc.).

- Dave