[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie troubles with MacPython 2.4.1 / Tiger 10.4.3

Wed Jan 4 11:37:12 CET 2006

Hi Christopher, hi Bob,

>> Then I started up the PackageManager and tried  to get those
>> modules that I need.
>
> PackageManager is no longer being maintained. You can find a lot of
> packages (including numarray) at:
>
> http://www.pythonmac.org/packages/

thanks a lot for the quick answers!

Maybe it would be helpful to not distribute PackageManager with the
MacPython installer package any longer or at least provide
information on this topic in a prominent location. I've edited the
MacPython wiki page at http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython to
reflect the current status of PackageManager.

Jack: as your MacPython page was the first page that I found googling
for python on Mac topics, it would be nice if you found the time to
update the "News" section on http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/
and the OS X page http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/macpython-
osx.html to at least give some hints on where to find the current
releases and modules. It's quite confusing to have mac / python
documentation split over so many places on the web and it's even more
confusing to find contradictory information on them.

There's also a Wiki on pythonmac.org that I edited to reflect those
changes. Unfortunately it contains a lot of information that is
outdated / useless with the 'official unofficial' builds from http://
undefined.org/python/.

I'll post a second message on MacPython documentation status.

Thanks for your efforts,

Mark