[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app plugin problem: "Error loading code"

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Dec 10 22:37:21 CET 2006

On Dec 10, 2006, at 10:19 PM, Niko Matsakis wrote:

> As a follow up, I decided to see if the problem was related to my
> project in any way by followiing the tutorial at http://
> pyobjc.sourceforge.net/doc/extending_objc_with_python.php.  I still
> get the same error, so it must be something in my machine.
>
> I can't seem to find any kind of reference to what "error code 2"
> might mean....

The problem is that py2app/bundletemplate/prebuild/main in the py2app
distribution is an intel-only binary (at least in the current trunk)
instead of a universal binary.

Removing the file and running 'setup.py' in the bundletemplate
directory should rebuild it with the proper architecture for your
machine.

Ronald