[Pythonmac-SIG] import sip problem (Universal Mac 2.4.3) and build options

Adam Tenderholt atenderholt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 02:08:00 CEST 2006

I'm trying to get sip and PyQt working with Universal MacPython 2.4.3.
It compiles fine however trying to import sip results in the error:
"ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading". I posted
on the PyKDE/PyQt/sip mailing list, and it was suggested that I try to
reconfigure and rebuild Python-2.4.3 with:

DYNLOADFILE=dynload_shlib.o ./configure --enable-framework
--enable-toolbox-glue --enable-shared

Unfortunately, I get the following error during make:

/usr/bin/ld: warning Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Python cputype (18,
architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag:
i386 (file not loaded)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyMac_Error
_Py_Main
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've looked online for the options used to compile Universal
MacPython, but I haven't had any luck. Is there a someplace I should
be looking?

Thanks,

Adam