[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.3 vs 2.4

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Sun Apr 16 01:43:22 CEST 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 15:53, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> There are relatively few applications that are launched by
> LaunchServices *and* use the PATH environment variable.  From the
> rest of the thread, it sounds like Komodo is apparently one of these.

Yes, Komodo seems to. I use Komodo (BTW they have a Universal version
in Beta which I am running right now and appears fairly solid). But
Komodo does let you choose how it finds the Python to run in its
debugger: it allows you to let it use the $PATH as its default
behavior or you can choose a Python to run. In fact, it brings up a
dialog when launching the debugger allowing you to set command line
option and several other things including: picking a debug
configuration which means you can have multiple environment 'sets'
and it shows you the environment variables in another tab(see pic
below).  IMHO  I think an IDE, just like a good command line tool
like a liner or compiler, should read environment variables to allow
custom environment configurations. At least Active State seems to
agree anyway ;-)