[Pythonmac-SIG] libpython2.4 for OS X?

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Sat Apr 8 06:16:53 CEST 2006

At 3:39 PM -0700 7/4/06, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Really the right way to link to Python is to ask it how via distutils ...

That's what I'm trying to do for my app, but on 10.4.5 I get an incorrect
result using:

python -c "import distutils.sysconfig; print distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('LINKFORSHARED')"

The result is:

-u __dummy -u _PyMac_Error -framework System Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python -framework CoreServices -framework Foundation

This causes the link stage to fail because it contains
"Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python" rather than "-framework Python".

Anybody got a fix for this?

Andrew