[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Sat Apr 8 01:08:40 CEST 2006

In article <31522BBF-8981-4E4B-88AB-D4EB61B3C417 at theolliviers.com>,
 Kevin Ollivier <kevino at theolliviers.com> wrote:

> Some things to note:
>
> - The final icon will be in the OS X photo-illustrative style (see
> his web site for examples). This 3D mockup is to review the design of
> the icon.
>
> - We plan in the final design to put a basic face onto the head -
> think of the lego character faces; two white eyes with black dots, a
> line for the mouth, probably two black dots for nostrils, etc. I
> think that will further stress the creativity aspect of it and make
> it a little more distinctive as an icon.
>
> Thoughts? Comments?

I confess my first thought was that it looks a bit like a very distorted
P, and that maybe making it look even more like a P (and skipping the
snake connection altogether) might be interesting.

Anyway, it looks nice to me.

Not looking too much like a snake is a win, in my opinion. Much as I
like ActiveState, their icon for ActiveState Python gives me the creeps,
and I'm probably not the only one.

-- Russell