[Pythonmac-SIG] Boa stability issues

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Tue Jun 21 16:15:22 CEST 2005

| Not sure if this discussion is better suited to this list or the Boa
| Constructor list.
|
| I'm running the new Boa Constructor app on Tiger, with the required
| versions of wx and Python. It shows up with more tabs in the editor
| window -- a window called "Everything" that appears to literally be
| that -- it's filled with stuff.
|
| If I run the project, Boa dies.
|
| Suggestions?
|
| thanks
|
| gc

This is a known issue. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea on how to
fix it. Riaan, has this been reported on other platforms at any
point--Boa just crashing when you try to run/debug a program from within
the IDE?

I'd be glad to test patches/bug fixes.

| Installing the app version of Boa Constructor seems to have broken my
| previously working bunch-of-files-in-a-folder installation of Boa. It
| now gives me an error:
|
| 'module' object has no attribute
| 'wxSystemSettings_GetSystemMetric'

How did you install it before? Which version of Python/wxPython was it
linked to? Did you get these crashes before?

| ----
|
| I should also point out that I tried closing the everything project  and
| opening a new project. Just adding a text box, a radio button,  and a
| check box, and trying to run it, and Boa dies.

Can you send code samples? That would be useful for testing. The other
report I got about this indicated the same problem.

Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com.
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com