[Pythonmac-SIG] [Visualpython-users] Re: avoid dueling pythons on tiger

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed Jun 8 22:41:13 CEST 2005

On 7-Jun-05, at 7:16 PM, Jon Schull wrote:

> Thanks I have done that (by adding " set path = (/usr/local/bin
> $path)" to  .tcshrc) and all is well.
>
> Now, as momentary liaison between the  pythonmac and vpython lists
> I'll mention that VPython (a truly beautiful thing) could be made
> independent of  X11 if someone from this group knew how to liberate
> it...

I took a stab at it once, before VPython was refactored into C++, but
I was still pretty new to OS X programming at the time, and it
defeated me.  I haven't yet taken a look at the C++ version, it's on
my todo list, but not a high priority right now.  I'd love to see
VPython on OS X properly, but my hobby coding time is pretty limited
right now.

--Dethe

"Well I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years now, doctor,
and I'm
happy to state I've finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd, Harvey