[Pythonmac-SIG] Errors with simple_plot in matplotlib: type is wrong for / operator?

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 26 21:41:16 CEST 2005

    Louis> *This is deep in matplotlib. Anyone know what's happening?

    Louis> Here's what line 335 in ticker.py looks like (not sure if
    Louis> this helps since you'd probably have to know the code of
    Louis> matplotlib):

    Louis> # set the format string to format all the ticklabels locs =
    Louis> (array(self.locs)-self.offset) /
    Louis> 10**self.orderOfMagnitude+1e-15

    Louis> But there's that / operator.

What version of Numeric/numarray are you running?  Try running your
example script with

 > pythonw myscript.py --verbose-helpful

and report the output.

Also, does it help to replace the 10**self.orderOfMagnitude with
10.0**self.orderOfMagnitude?  I didn't write that section of the code,
but I think this is what the author (Darren, CCd) intends.

JDH

Darren: FYI, the original post in full is below