[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app with vtk

Arye HALIOUA arye at bibliocast.fr
Fri Jul 15 15:51:08 CEST 2005

Hello list,

I am a new Mac user trying to use py2app so please bear with me.
I use py2app version 0.2 on MacOS 10.3.9.
When I feed py2app a python program of a simple wxpython GUI, all works just great!
I can run the app, copy it into an other mac and run it as well.

However when try to turn into an app,  a python script that imports vtk modules
and try to run it:
* nothing happens on the Mac used to create the app
* on a different Mac, into which I simply copied the app, I have an
error message saying "cannot open library". It seems that the app is trying
to fetch the libraries using the path into which they are installed on the Mac
I used to create the app instead of from the bundle (in the Frameworks directory).

Any expanation on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
I would grealy appreciate also any tips on how to turn an app into a proper
Mac install program (with a dmg extension).

Good day,
Arye.