[Pythonmac-SIG] PySight

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Thu Jul 14 07:01:33 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

I'm looking for advice about packaging a library.  Jonathan Wight of
Toxic Software has built a simple framework around SequenceGrabber to
expose it to Cocoa.  I've made a trivial PyObjC wrapper and tested it
sucessfully with Python.  I'd like to build a disk image that
contains a) an installer for the framework + wrapper, b) sample apps
(Cocoa and Python versions of the same program), and c) the source
code to all of these.

Does this sound like a good idea, or should I separate it out into
multiple .dmg files?

Finally, I haven't really used the bdist_mpkg command to build an
installer (except for running it on the PyObjC trunk periodically).
All I'm installing is a framework and an __init__.py file.  Is
bdist_mpkg the way to go?

TIA

--Dethe