[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript + iPhoto problem

Gábor Farkas gabor at nekomancer.net
Wed Jul 13 23:49:01 CEST 2005

has wrote:
> Gábor Farkas wrote:
>

> In general, new elements are created using the 'make' command, so try something like:
>
> iphoto = appscript.app('iPhoto')
> iphoto.photos[1].keywords.end.make(new=k.keyword, with_properties={k.name: 'some name'})

well, i want to set an already existing keyword, so i did this:

iphoto = appscript.app('iPhoto')
k = iphoto.keywords.get()[-1]
p = iphoto.photos.get()[0]

p.keywords.end.set(k)
this simply waits, and never ends.
when i end it with ctrl+c, i get:

^CTraceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/appscript/specifier.py",
line 203, in __call__
     raise CommandError(self, (args, kargs), e)
appscript.specifier.CommandError: (-1711, 'in AESend, the user cancelled
out of wait loop for reply or receipt')
         Failed command:
app(u'/Applications/iPhoto.app').photos.ID(4294967325L).keywords.end.set(app(u'/Applications/iPhoto.app').keywords[u'girl'])

> Can't test that here since I accidentally trashed my copy of iPhoto 2 on my last system reinstall and refuse to pony up $50 for iLife just to replace it. But I reckon it should be close. If not, post back.

hmmm if you got the iPhoto with your computer, then it should be on some
  of the install cds/dvds..shouldn't it?

gabor