[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript raises deprecation warning for macerrors

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Mon Jul 11 20:10:53 CEST 2005

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

>>>I just started using appscript for the first time (it's great!), and ran across this deprecation warning when I import appscript
>>
>>Yep, it's Apple's Python that's the problem; I had another report of this just this morning.
>
>I'd surpress the warning by surpressing DepricationWarning during the import of macerrors.

Since it's not essential (I was scraping its __dict__ to generate basic error names), I've just removed the macerrors dependency for now and reverted to using MacOS.GetErrorMessage(), which produces some nonsense descriptions but will do for now.

>Then work on a patch for Python (probably bgen) to make sure that future versions (2.4.2 and 2.5) no longer give the warning when importing macerrors.

Maybe after bgen gets properly documented. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the explanation - that'll be why I never saw the error here.

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/