[Pythonmac-SIG] [OT] To upgrade Mac OSX or not?

Eric eric at erickson.on.net
Tue Jan 25 18:13:26 CET 2005

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I really hate to say this, but in this respect backward compatibility in
> Windows seems to be much better.  Am I missing something?

I think you will find that Windows will quickly catch up in this regard
when they (finally) release LONGHORN and they, too, discover the joys of
settling in a totally new operating system.

At least there was much better backward compatibility over a longer
period with Mac as compared to Windows before OSX - and I believe this
is what they are aiming at again into the future.  This is really small
pain we are seeing for the massive gains that OSX brought.

I think if we persist for a bit and things settle down in this Brave New
MacWorld swetness and light will return (it ain't so bad now).

Eric