[Pythonmac-SIG] how do I use twisted cfreactor?

Kevin Dangoor kid at kendermedia.com
Fri Jan 14 20:11:34 CET 2005

    I'm trying to mix Twisted and a Mac interface. I'm using PyObjC 1.2
and Twisted's trunk as of a few days back. All of this with Python 2.3.
The combo appeared to be working until this morning. Intriguingly, the
problem appeared when I added Cheetah (the template engine) to the mix.
If I remove Cheetah *or* I remove PyObjC, everything appears to be happy.

The basic order in which I'm doing things is:
1) install cfreactor,
2) load up my nib-based controller class,
3) tell the reactor to start listening on a TCP port,
4) (reactor.run) -- I had this line in there but then removed it without
a difference in behavior
5) AppHelper.runEventLoop

I'm not exactly sure how or why introducing Cheetah could have this
effect. I even moved Cheetah's one C module out of the way (falling back
to straight Python code), but that didn't seem to have an effect. I
figured it was time to double check that I'm doing the right things in
getting things running.

Is there anything glaringly obvious in that list of steps that should be
different or in a different order?

Thanks,
Kevin